This past week we had the opportunity to go and visit Derek's sister Nicole and her family in Chicago. It was so nice to go some where new to go and to have the best tour guides. The first day we got there they took us to downtown Chicago. Our first stop was to the Sears Tower, now called the Willis Tower. The coolest part was the sky box, which is glass on all sides including the floor. Next we went to the Taste of Chicago. I have never seen so much food and people all in one spot. The Taste was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. Vendors from the Chicago area gather on two blogs in downtown and people come from all around to taste the different foods. It was sooo yummy
Later that night we went tried our first deep dish pizza. It was good but definitely different than normal pizza. The crust is more dense and instead of putting the sauce on first they put all of your toppings on, then pour the sauce on top... More to come later. I am blogged out.


We went to Chicago a few years ago and loved it! See my take on it here: http://the-everetts.blogspot.com/2008/10/windy-city-day-1.html
ReplyDeleteLove Chicago! Most definitely one of my favorite cities. I am totally in love with that pizza, I wish I could get me some right now...but that's probably the pregnancy talking.
ReplyDelete