Monday, December 26, 2011

Baby Avary

Avary McKay Bodtcher
12/22/11
7 lb 10 oz
18 1/2 inches
I can't believe this little girl is finally here. Luckily she made up for her long arrival with an easy delivery. My Dr. was nice enough to induce me a day early, so on Thursday we went to the hospital and by 8 a.m. they had started me on patocin and broke my water. At that time I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. 2 1/2 hours later I was dilated to an 8. Around 12:30 they had me start pushing and at 1:22 p.m our cute Avary was born. I still can't believe how smooth things went. Besides feeling a couple of crappy contractions, the delivery part was pretty painless. Now if only the recovery part went that easy....

We are so happy to have our little girl home with us. It has definitely been a tough trying to get used to having a baby around, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She is such a blessing and we couldn't love her more!!


6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh she is so dang cute! I can't even stand it! And wow, what a fast delivery, that's wonderful. I hope you're doing well also and enjoying all of the time with your new sweet girl. Maybe one of these days I can make it over to see you. I feel like such a slacker. But I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both you guys! She is beautiful. Goodluck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Kelsey! She is precious. Congratulations! This makes me so happy. I love her name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! She is gorgeous. So happy to hear you are doing well. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete