Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our miracle

Well I am finally 20 weeks along and I can't believe we are actually having a baby. When we started we knew this would not be an easy process. One of the reasons is that I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy which caused damage to one of my fallopian tubes, leaving me at high risk to have another ectopic pregnancy. Second I have never been regular, and according the the fertility meds and test I was taking I never ovulated in 10 months. When the test results came back for the last month they were not good and had actually gotten worse since we started the process. I knew there was not way I could be pregnant. As part of the process I still had to take a pregnancy test at the end of each month, just in case. Well I took the test, waited, and when only one line came back as positive instead of both I told Derek it was negative. After about 10 minutes he asked me again what the results were and he thought that the one positive line meant I was pregnant....  I kept telling him that he was wrong. He still didn't believe me so he pulled out the package to make sure. He was right, I only needed one plus!! We both were in shock. No way could I be pregnant..

Since I was considered high risk we went to get an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't another ectopic, and it wasn't. We had a baby growing in the right place! We were soo excited, but since it was still early the doctor wanted us to come back the following week. When we went for our second (or third?) ultrasound the doctor did not have as good of news. For how far along I was he should've heard a heart beat, but didn't. He said it could be the babies position and recommended that I get my blood drawn to ensure the numbers were on track. Unfortunately they were way to high, which meant the pregnancy was not going to work. He offered to give us a pill to terminate or I could just wait and my body should take care of things on it's own. We decided to just let things take there course and wait. I was a mess.. After worrying about it being an ectopic and finding it out it wasn't  I was soo excited thinking this pregnancy might actually work. My heart broke when we were told there would be no baby. Simply trying to get pregnant screws with your emotions enough, but finding out you that the baby won't make it is devastating. After a week or so it finally sunk in that things would be ok. We had decided to schedule another ultrasound scheduled at the hospital to make sure I would be ok and my body would do what it needed to. Now that we knew this pregnancy wouldn't work out we had no hope going into the appt. The doctor started the ultrasound and said "Look there is your baby." Me and Derek looked at each other not sure what she meant. As I laid there confused she turned on the sound and we started to hear the heartbeat. What?! We have a baby? Me and Derek were in shock and could not believe what she was saying. I couldn't believe this baby was still alive and that I really was going to have a baby. I was grateful that we had decided to wait. What a blessing it was to decide to wait.

Things now are right on track and have been normal ever since. Thank goodness. I feel like this baby really is a miracle and I couldn't be more happy. Here she is at 17 weeks. Oh ya, I forgot to mention...we are having a GIRL!!!!! We can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. YAY! YAY! YAY!!! I LOVE her already!! I love your miracle story :) Can't wait for December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is great- I'm so glad things are working out. How fun to be having a girl! Everyone else I know are having boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys! What a true blessing! You will be such amazing parents! Incredible story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a miracle! I'm so happy for you and glad things are finally going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelsey! I'm so glad things are going well. It really can be a heart-breaking process. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so happy for you guys!! can't wait to meet my NIECE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are all anxious for her to arrive! We love ya!

    ReplyDelete